Storm Picture From 07/18/12

Posted By: Grandin  Posted On: Jul 19th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Last night we had big thunderstorms. Which this year is very rare it’s been so dry and hot. But the skys opened up big time last night. The picture was from the beach in the town i live in over Lake Michigan If you look to the right  in the picture the lighting strikes the freight ship coming from canada going to chicago. And as with all my pics i stamped it with my logo on the bottom right cornor. Hope you all like the picture. ~Dan~

1. Blizzardlord says:

neat picture! we got these storms and were thankful they weren’t severe but brought beneficial rain

2. Flake Fan says:

I’ve always wondered, do the great lakes’ water levels drop much during drought?

3. Ohio 5-O says:

Flake Fan, If memeory serves me right I think they do drop Because can remember it happeneing to Lake Erie years ago and it was so bad that it was a problem for the ferry service that goes to Put-In-Bay/Kelly’s Island

4. Grandin says:

Flake Fan,

Waters levels do drop in droughts but depends on the drought. Like this years droughts the water level’s have dropped allmost 2 feet. So im hoping and wishig we get more rain in the coming months then snows. to replace the allmost 2 foot water drop out of lake michigan.

dan

5. The Rickster says:

Beautiful photo. How’d you get it?

6. TheMaineMan says:

You sure have a knack for capturing great photos during storms Dan. You click the camera at just the right time.

7. Grandin says:

I stand out in the pouring rain or snow and i have a HD camera that takes 50 pictures in a minute and i go threw hundreds of photos and pick the ones i want. and ya i do love taking pictures and fliming nature. It’s a thing my son and i do. like a father son bonding deal..

Dan

8. The Rickster says:

Very cool Dan. You do good photo work. Congrats on the photo. We have too many tree’s around my area to catch something like that. There are feilds in my area…but of course, I don’t know the owners so I can’t use’em. But oh well. Keep up the good work Dan.

9. fatima32 says:

storms have been bad in virginia for several days now

10. snow angels says:

Awesome picture!  Where abouts do you live, I’m in southwest lower Michigan about 80 miles East of Chicago?

11. snowlover says:

Yes I agree with everyone, great picture!  However, I still love the snowy picture that you took around 3 am one snowy, winter morning!  So peaceful and serene.  To me that’s your best one yet!!!!!  I can get lost in that picture! :)

Thanks for sharing!

12. fatima32 says:

grandin should repost that winter photo i can’t remember which it was that snowlover’s talking about

13. snowlover says:

It had a beautiful orange-like glow.  With the street lamp on and the snow all fresh and new.  Looked like the whole world was at peace.  I believe it was early last year!

14. fatima32 says:

oh yeah sounds beautiful. i think i remember it but i just wanna see it again.

15. Grandin says:

I live in michigan city snowangels. and ya it was a very bad thing to do but i wanted the perfect picture climate reporter

Dan

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »