Preliminary 2012-2013 U.S Winter Forecast Part 2

Posted By: Weatherforecaster103  Posted On: Jul 20th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

1. fatima32 says:

i had a feeling someone from st. louis on the illinois side ask this may be average which i don’t know if st. lois average snowfall is a lot but northern midwest may have below average snowfall and above average temps

2. Weatherforecaster103 says:

Fatima32 a winter battle zone is worse than above average snowfall. A winter battle zone can have a lot of ice storm and areas in the winter battle zone can lose power for a while.

3. fatima32 says:

well, not quite as snow can be wet snow and can weigh down power lines but winter battle zone means warmer at certain levels causing it to occur more of ice than snow which is dull and above average snow is funner and better and actually worse in many ways also so the area you high lighted with above average snow also has the coldest temps according to your forecast plus yes sleet and stuff is caused by warmth in part of the atmosphere and so on. so i would say the coldest and snowiest places will be east coast, southeast northeast and midatlantic then the deep south may have some of that nasty trashy icy goo and that stuff and kind of cold but the snowy areas will be the super cold areas

4. buddy17474 says:

Yes!!! Looks like above average for me…Good luck to the rest, especially in a drought.

5. sapporo1 says:

I have optimism for a snowier than average Colorado, Northeast/mid atlantic and Southeast this winter, and I am sticking with that. 

6. Rodhouston23 says:

You really think that Eastern NC will get above average snow fall? But a good forecast otherwise.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »