New Official 2012-2013 United States Winter Forecast

Posted By: Weatherforecaster103  Posted On: Aug 3rd, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

1. angelbebo says:

what does alberta clippers mean ?? this will be my second winter in the midwest originally from FL i was hoping for snow on xmas and got nothing =( i really hope for a white christmas this year for michigan area.

2. AnnaMom816 says:

Angel, last winter was a very strange one for the Midwest and Great Lakes area. I am in northern Indiana, right in the middle of its lake effect snow belt. You should have been in the area during the 09-10 and 10-11 winters. When it came to snow, especially lake effect snow, Michigan and northern Indiana got clobbered. During the winter of 2010-11, snow removal crews ran out of places to put the snow when clearing it from the roads. We’re not really hoping for that kind of winter again, but winter should feel and act like it, and for this area it means snow and cold. To answer your question about the Alberta clippers, they are quick moving low pressure systems that originate from the province of Alberta in Canada that will bring a little snow to the area from the systems themselves but often trigger lake effect snow when they pass through the area.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »