December Forecast

Posted By: Grandin  Posted On: Aug 7th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

These maps are coming out like crazy now enjoy. ~Dan~

1. sapporo1 says:

Like it, hope December, as well as the rest of the fall and winter will turn out the way it has been predicted, it would be nice to finally see a winter with above normal snow and below normal temperatures in Colorado and other areas that are normally cold and snowy

2. snowlover says:

Looks good to me!  Anything would be a definite improvement from last winter.  Of course we’re on the line (Richmond, VA).  That’s okay I’ll take a white Christmas! 

3. weatherman911 says:

A white christmas for Long island would make me the happiest person alive 

4. snowangel78 says:

yes hope a white christmas this year for western NY

5. Delstein says:

A white Christmas here would be fantastic. I think the last time we had one here was eight years ago if I remember correctly. This map is indicating that’s a possibility for Central Ohio, so keeping my fingers crossed.

6. ShawnM says:

What does Cold & Stormy & Snow mean? Does stormy mean blizzards or does it mean winter time thunderstorms? I like the cold and snow part!

7. snowlover says:

Good question ShawnM. Va is in the “cold & stomy” part also.  I’m hoping it means near-blizzard; but will setting for 3″ or more of snow!  :) 

8. ShawnM says:

We had a blizzard back in February 2011 there was no thundersnow I believe but we had between 15-20 inches of snow in one storm. Back in December 2006 we had a snowstorm with thundersnow it did that for like 4 or 5 hours and we ended up with I think 18 inches of snow, with the majority of the snow during the thunder and lightning. The snowflakes weren’t huge it was almost like dust or very small snowflakes but we still ended up with that amount of snow. I love winter lightning it was mainly a bluish tinted lightning.

9. Ennaedwyn says:

I’ll take this over the hot summer any day!

10. snowboi1 says:

Last time it snowed here in this part of South Carolina in Dec. was 1989.

11. buddy17474 says:

@snowboi

0_0 Then do you even know what snow looks like? lol 

12. sapporo1 says:

I can say that in Colorado, any type of storm that hits after mid-October is going to be snow, so I will chuck stormy up to powerful winter storms with copious amounts of snow possible.
    Well, sometimes the wording in forecasts can be tricky, because each area has a uniqueness, and those words can mean different things depending on the region it occurs in, so that forecast is a general statement, basically leaving the rest to your own imagination.

13. USAclimatereporter says:

thanks for the map it is always cold and snowy here in new york city and it gets stormy too

14. stuffradio says:

I hope for a white Christmas also. More times than not, it’s raining or cloudy or partly sunny or sunny here on Christmas. Last white Christmas was in 2008.

15. snowboi1 says:

Meant to say last time it snowed a foot or more was Dec. 1989.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »