I have the real 2013 almanac and I can answer those juicy questions about this upcoming winter

Posted By: sapporo1  Posted On: Aug 21st, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Any questions at all regarding overall or detailed forecasts from the farmers almanac, you can ask me if you do not already have it.

1. huntersc says:

When will it snow in the south?  How cold will it get?

2. ShawnM says:

I live in the central/east central section in the state of Missouri, what is the winter forecast for the state of Missouri?

3. sapporo1 says:

@ShawnM, as far as the overall pattern goes, most of Missouri is under the gun for wild temperature swings, with periods of storminess, in the detailed forecast, it doesn’t really specify much as to precipitation types in Missouri, but many significant storms will impact your area, however it does specify snow in your state around February 4th-7th, I will say though, get ready for some brutal cold shots though, especially in January and February

4. sapporo1 says:

Far eastern Missouri, including St Louis, is headed for colder than normal conditions with a hotch potch of precip types throughout the winter

5. sapporo1 says:

@huntersc, I assume if you live in SC as the name implies, then the overall pattern looks to be chilly and wet, as far as the detailed forecast goes, the first opportunity for major cold looks to be december 20th-23rd which features showers from Mississippi east, followed by clearing with very cold temps, frosts clear down to Florida, as far as snow opportunities go, I see a few opportunities listed for snow in western North Carolina, but I am not sure if that will make it into South Carolina, it is possible though, as many cold spells will plummet deep into the south, especially in January and February.

6. Delstein says:

What does the winter look like for me in Central OH?

7. bobandsheba says:

Can you let me know what it says for Tulsa, OK area? Thanks!

8. danielleyoung0 says:

How about Maryland down to Florida in late February? Planning a trip around February 22, 2013

9. sapporo1 says:

@delstein, depending on where in in central Ohio you live in be it north central or south central, Ohio is split perfectly in half for the overall forecast, northern half will be cold and snowy, the southern half will be colder than normal with a hotch potch of precip. 
    As far as big snow chances go, according to the detailed forecast, your best shots will be in November, especially 28th-30th with snow possible throughout Ohio, but especially near the great lakes, December alo looks snowy for most of Ohio, with occasional big snows along the great lakes, with many lake effect snows for that area.

10. sapporo1 says:

@bobandsheba, for the overall forecast, you are going to see wild temperature swings and periods of storminess throughout eastern Oklahoma, and in the detailed forecast you have several good chances for snow, the first will be November 24th-27th with significant snow possible for New Mexico, north Texas and Oklahoma.

11. sapporo1 says:

@danielleyoung0, I have looked at the detailed forecast for February 20th-23rd, so while you are headed down the east coast, watch out for blustery conditions with cold air for the Mid atlantic and Northeast, shouldn’t be any major concerns for you on the 22nd, as the next big storm will not arrive until after the 23rd, which may just graze the northeast briefly before heading out to sea according to the detailed forecast.

12. sapporo1 says:

@snowangel78, for the overall forecast, the northeast will be split in 2 sections, with coastal Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, and half of Pennsylvania and all of the Mid atlantic being under the gun for colder than normal with a hotch potch of precip, but many opportunities for big snows, especially for the coast, northern New England will have cold and snowy conditions for the winter, in the detailed forecast, your first opportunity for a big snowstorm will be December 12th-15th where a significant snowstorm will put heavy accumulations down to Maryland and Virginia.
    Watch out for a huge snowstorm February 12th-15th, which will put a foot or more down on the east coast. 

13. Chris Medley says:

does it say anything about snow in northeast tennessee

14. Denise17 says:

Will we get colder weather in New York this year? Also what about snow? Little or lots? Thank you.

15. Jayne1954 says:

Sapporo, Could you tell me how it looks for us here in The panhandle of West Virginia this winter. Cold and snowy or rainy and warm? Hopefully snowy! Thanks for your time :)

16. snowlover says:

Thank you Sapporo1.  You touched on the mid atlantic forecast, anything else for Richmond, VA?  How soon will it turn cooler?  Do FA expects an early fall?  Thanks.

17. 03.11.11 says:

What does it say for snowstorms for Indianapolis?

18. kes20124 says:

how about snow accumulation in the mid atlantic, specifically VA? you included something about early-mid december, but what about after that? January? Feb? Thanks!

19. shirley76 says:

Will we have a snowy year in northern nevada

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »