I have the real 2013 almanac and I can answer those juicy questions about this upcoming winter

Posted By: sapporo1  Posted On: Aug 21st, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Any questions at all regarding overall or detailed forecasts from the farmers almanac, you can ask me if you do not already have it.

1. Delstein says:

@Chris Medley: Your main snow forecasts look like they’ll be in mid-January and February. I didn’t see any real other winter descriptions other than “wet and chilly.”

@Denise17: Certainly colder and snowier than last year. First snow look like it’ll come in early November, with a possible snowstorm in mid-December. You may also see a white Christmas, so look out for that. Other storms look like they’ll be coming through in early Jan., mid and late Feb., and mid to late March. Looks like you might have a white Easter too!

@Jayne1954: Looks like colder than normal with mix of wintry precip. and rain. First snows look like they’ll be coming in around early November. A significant snowstorm in mid-December and another in mid-February. Hope this helps!

@snowlover: Your forecast look about the same as Jayne1954′s. Below avg. temps with mix of precip. Look out for the big snowstorm in Mid-December. As for your early fall question, fall looks like it will come in at the same time this year, but there will be a big cold snap in late October, so keep an eye out for that.

2. Delstein says:

And now for part two:

@03.11.11: Your first snows will be arriving in early November, followed by several chances for snowstorms, mainly in January and February.

@kes20124: As Sapporo said, main chance for big snows will be in mid-December. Next chances for heavy snows in VA will be mid-February. Forecasts don’t indicate much more snow after that.

@shirley76: As with most others here, it looks like you’ll have your first snows in early November, with scattered chances for snow throughout the year. The general winter map is saying milder with average precip for your region, so I guess that would be expected. 

3. allenland2000 says:

What does indianapolis Indiana winter look like? I hope lots of snow this year

4. toniab says:

What’s the weather forecast for western NC?  Snow?

5. snowlover says:

Wow!  I’m excited about the snows for Virginia.   It would be so nice to see a white Christmas again, even if it’s not on Christmas day or Christmas eve; having snow on the ground during the Christmas season makes it very festive and Christmacy!  (like my new word).  Come on….you know you wanna say it….Christmacy! :)

6. DONTERIOUS2013 says:

What does it say about the carolinas and the southeast?????

7. mark j says:

what ya got for canon city colorado?
    thanx
    mark j

8. Jayne1954 says:

Thank you Delstein. Was hoping for very snowy but will take what we can get :)

9. sapporo1 says:

Sorry I took so long to respond, i have been really busy the last couple of days, but now I can finally catch up on all of your questions.
    @mark j, as far as the overall forecast goes, we are looking at milder than average with average precipitation here in Colorado, I live not too far from you, just up on the Palmer Divide in Palmer Lake, I have to say though, as far as what the detailed forecast is showing, we could see above normal snowfall here with the crazy numbers of snowstorms we are expecting, we are expecting snowy conditions almost all winter long, save for February, which looks cold, but pretty dry, but the weather looks to return for March and April, so we can look forward to a normal winter for a change, and despite the mild forecast, I don’t see it being all that warm with so much snow forecasted, not to mention we are in line for some very cold periods, especially in January. oh yeah, and possibly snow for Christmas as well

10. sapporo1 says:

@toniab, yes, there will be snow in western NC for January 20th-23rd according to FA, and there will be many cold spells in December and January especially, so according to FA’s detailed forecast, so yup, you’re in for a treat this winter in western NC.

11. sapporo1 says:

@donterious2013, western NC will have a treat with snow in January, but it can’t be ruled out in SC, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi, thought snow isn’t forecasted for the majority of the area, it could still happen with all the hard freezes and cold spells headed for the south this winter, keep your fingers crossed.

12. sapporo1 says:

@delstein, thank you for your help answering all the questions, I truly appreciate it, I would have been a little overwhelmed without your help, thanks a lot, and look forward to answering more questions, and discussing these forecasts with everyone, and thank you very much to everyone for all your questions, if there is any question I haven’t answered, then please let me know and I will be happy to share the details with you.

13. SnowWhite2012 says:

What dose it say for West Virginia for this winter?

14. jadendestani11 says:

What about upper northeast Tennessee?

15. TheMaineMan says:

What a bunch of free-loaders… GO BUY THE ALMANAC.

16. sapporo1 says:

Well, West Virginia is a tricky state, the overall says colder than normal with a variety of storms, but West Virginia has many varying terrain and so the difference might be elevation, probably cold and snowy for the higher elevations.

17. sapporo1 says:

Tennessee, especially northeast, is also full of varying terrain isn’t it? I mean with the appalachians and all, so it may depend on your elevation, but overall, it is looking like wet and chilly, probably some snow in the higher elevations.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »