North Carolina boy spending the winter in Maine, what can I expect?

Posted By: tarheelsrule44  Posted On: Aug 23rd, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

So I’m staying with my sister in Maine this winter and I’m really looking forward to seeing some snow.  She lives on the coast of Maine near Bar Harbor. 

Any of you guys have any idea what to expect?  From what I hear from the locals it’s really hit or miss but regardless I’m going to see more snow than I’m accustomed to in the peidmont of NC. 

I know guessing snowfall is an inexact science, but give me your best predictions!

1. pearlss says:

You need to talk to TheMaineMan. Haven’t see much of him on the boards lately.

2. fatima32 says:

i’m a 15 year old guy, so hopefully we get some snow days ahead this year as it looks to be that way for the northeast mid atlantic and southeast.

3. tarheelsrule44 says:

I like what I see so far on all the preliminary forecasts.  Hopefully TheMaineMan will see this and give me some insight on Maine winters.
    Some of the locals are saying it’s going to be a bad winter, they can just tell.  Leaves are already starting to fall and the air has a cool crispness to it.  I’m pretty excited about it!  It’s about 67 here right now which is a lot cooler than the 81 degrees from where I grew up in NC.  I’m staying on an island so I don’t know if that affects anything but I can tell you just about every morning in August has been foggy, but the ocean might have something to do with that. 

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »