Happy September! (2)

Posted By: snowlover  Posted On: Sep 4th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Well September is here!  Although the temperatures haven’t gotten the memo :)  Upper 80s here this week.  (Va)  However, the local Mets are calling for lower 80s for the upcoming weekend.  Seventeen or sixteen more days till Autumn officially is here!  (depending on arrival on the 20th or 21st.)  We don’t have long now.  At least that’s what I keep telling myself.  I don’t want to rush my life away; however I will be glad to have a real autumn!  My favorite time of the year!

1. sapporo1 says:

Lol, well, what originates here will eventually be pushed east by the jet stream, so you’ll get yours, trust me it will get cooler

2. TheMaineMan says:

The remnants of Issac dragged in some warm, humid weather. Been around 80 during the day with lows stuck in the 60s. However, mid-week by the 11th and 12th should bring lows down into the mid-40s or lower, and highs in the upper 60s to around 70. Should be very comfortable.

3. pearlss says:

According to several long range forecasts, today was it for the predicted 90′s! We’ll see a couple of high 70′s to mid 80′s during the next week to week and a half then another cold front comes in and we should be solidly in the 70′s for the rest of September. I’m sooooo alll over it! LOL Ready for hoodies and cooler nights!

4. sapporo1 says:

Good to hear that many will finally see relief from the beastly summer we had, Weather Channel just forecasted highs in the mid 50s with a rainstorm possible on Thursday, with a low of 39, it’s finally happening guys, Old Man Winter is waking up from his long slumber, and he has a bone to pick with the US.
    And I am happy to see that some beneficial moisture will be hurled our way, and with nice cool tenps expected from then on out (low 60s to low 70s) that moisture wont just evaporate, it will finally start seeping into the ground to start replenishing all that ground moisture we have lost so much of the last few years.
    Can’t wait to see what October brings, maybe a monster storm or two :)

5. Delstein says:

@saporro: I’d say it’s more like WE have a bone to pick with Old Man Winter, after what happened last year! *shudder* I’m excited to see what The Weather Centre has to say about this winter later today! We can only hope for the best.

6. sapporo1 says:

Well, the debate is whether or not there is going to be an actual storm system on the 18th and 19th, the cold air and frontal system is still coming, just Accuweather is now debating whether the cold front will have any moisture associated with it, if it were me, I would say that it would probably have just enough moisture to spark off a few rain & snow showers, but nothing terribly significant.

7. sapporo1 says:

Still, this time of year, you just can’t beat that, a nice, cool day with clouds and a couple of rain and snow showers, that is just as good as it gets in September, and I love it.

8. TheMaineMan says:

Continued muggy here… big wave of thunderstorms in NH headed my way. Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued.

However, next week looks like lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s/70s!

9. sapporo1 says:

Geez, the forecasts are all over the place about the cold front next Thursday, for instance, The Weather Channel is now callinf for highs in the upper 40s with lows in the 30s and off and on showers, Accuweather the same save for upper 50s, the bottom line I guess is that there is the possibility of a strong cold front with moisture associated with it.
    Looking forward to at least a spell of colder weather.

10. The Rickster says:

Got the first shot of fall today. Its 79 as I type this, with a dewpoint of 64. High is supposed to be in the mid 80′s today. 

11. TheMaineMan says:

Hope things cool down for you soon Rickster.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »