Fall coming early this year according to TWC

Posted By: pearlss  Posted On: Sep 11th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

This helps to explain why we are seeing the leaves change earlier then usual this year.

http://www.weather.com/travel/driving-fall-foliage/fall-colors-drought-20120907

1. rainsticks says:

Very interesting article, thanks for posting. I’m very happy to know I’m located in the prime viewing area for foliage change this year. I’ll be sure to take a lot of pictures!

2. snowlover says:

Please do; I can’t decide what I like better…Fall Foliage or Snow pictures.  It’s very close; but perhaps the pictures of snow.  Yet both are near and dear to me.  It relaxes me and gives me the trip down memory lane of my perfect childhood.  Yes, Rainsticks, I agree it was a nice article.  I’m hoping that the mid atlantic states get great foliage this year also.  We should.  We had enough rain in most areas, however we had periods of drought also.  The nights are turning cooler. That’s a plus in the right direction too.

3. pelz23 says:

i live in grand junction,co and wanting know how much snow were going to get…plz help

4. rainsticks says:

Yes there’s something about fall and winter that distinctly remind me of some good times in my childhood too. I’m enjoying the cooler nights too.

This summer was brutal and I’m beyond done with it. I can’t wait to pull these air conditioners out and unpack my jackets.

As soon as the leaves start changing I’ll post some pictures for you, snowlover!

5. pearlss says:

I have been ready for fall since the end of July!!!! :) This is summer has been more then brutal here.

We are just starting to see some leaves changing and I noticed last night while sitting on the back porch that the leaves are starting to get thinner on some of the trees.

Alas, there are no persimmon berries this year because another tree crowded it out and it got very little sunlight this summer. Hubby is going to take down the offending tree somewhere in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it will do better next year.

Loving the cooler weather here in central NC. Got out yesterday and spent some time starting my fall clean up in my flower beds. They look sooo much better this morning. The dogs are more active this week due to the cooler weather and they are so sleeping better at night, even with the bedroom window open! :D

6. Ennaedwyn says:

YEAH!!!! Though I think alot of trees in the mid-west area have been asleep/dormant since the scorcher of a summer. I was ready for autumn when summer kicked off!

The bees don’t seem as active, the fall moths and a few butterflies are allllll over our seedum and butterfly bushes. Squirrels seem more healthier looking and starting to have a more rich looking coat and tail.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »