tornadotitans preliminary winter forecast for 2012-2013

Posted By: Anthonypilone01  Posted On: Sep 13th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

http://www.tornadotitans.com/preliminary-winter-forecast-for-2012-2013-season/

Nice one.

Any thoughts? 

1. KatD-Mo. says:

can I use 4 letter words on here?  I’m so bummed.

2. rainsticks says:

Above normal snow for NYC/NJ! I hope you are right!!! …I’m smiling from ear to ear!

3. Grandin says:

we heard all this last year but nothing happened. last winter was the warmest on record all this ALL THIS is just one big guess. ‘Just saying’

Dan

4. Ennaedwyn says:

And the areas left in white receive magic 8 balls because who knows what will hit those states?

5. sapporo1 says:

Well, that could happen, but you all definitely want to see The Weather Centre to see what the atmosphere is doing now, showing more central based cold, with near normal temps farther east and warmer for the PNW, at least that is the way it appears now, we will see what happens.

6. FatherFrost says:

Sapporo, while the weather centre has valid points, he’s just a weather enthusiast like the rest of us. No meteorological degree, no licensures. It’s okay to take all forecast into account, but to weigh one heavier above others, IMHO, isn’t good.

I’m waiting for the big time mets to release their forecasts. I’m not sure when that will be, but I imagine in either October or early November.

It should also be noted, the atmosphere is now entering a new setup with feedback’s that are much more favorable for Nino development. Nice western ridge setting up soon with some modest blocking to the south of Greenland.

Also, the STJ seems to be waking up some, which is common in El Nino regimes. 

7. Grandin says:

Fatherfrost are you gonna release a 2012/2013 winter map forecast? If not what are your feelings on this up comping winter for the united states?

Dan

8. The Rickster says:

I’m on the line of above normal rail and above normal snow. I knew South Carolina weather was bi-polar but man. I wasn’t expecting proof. 

9. sapporo1 says:

Father Frost, I am not weighing one forecast above another, just introducing as many aspects of the forecasts as possible, honestly, as far as forecasts go, it reminds me alot of last year, nobody’s forecast seems to be truly consistent with another’s, in short, besides the oceans being in weak El Nino territory, nobody really has any idea what is to come, that is why I said WE WILL SEE, I don’t know what is going to happen any better than anyone else here, just keeping up to date on the latest forecasts that have been released and checking all the latest reports on what the atmosphere is doing at this point in time, as well as short term trends and whether or not there is any consistency in those trends.

10. bulletins2 says:

the great lakes and the midwest have been bless this summer it was hot and dry good chunk of the summer there saying it will be rougher than normal winter the midwest to the great lakes.

11. bulletins2 says:

we have been bless all this summer the winter will be rougher than normal

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »