Say it ain’t so!!

Posted By: amy n  Posted On: Sep 24th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

I just saw on The Weather Channel that they are predicting warmer than average temperatures for the east coast and Midwest for the months of Oct., Nov., and Dec.
They are also predicting colder than average for the Pacific Northwest and the south.
I am happy for those who are in the Pacific NW and South, but what about those of us in the Midwest and East Coast? Not happy!
Someone please give me information to contradict what The Weather Channel is saying!!!!
 

  1. buddy17474 says:

    *Looks at forecast*
    “AW HELL NO!” 

  2. TheMaineMan says:

    “Someone please give me information to contradict what The Weather Channel is saying!!!!”
     
    Do you want it just for the sake of hearing it, whether it is accurate or not? Because there’s a good chance of temperatures being a bit warmer than average for much of the east IMO.

  3. glennkoks says:

    I would not panic yet.  Considering the progression of weather in the NH the last few years and blocking playing a more and more of a role it is quite likely we could get stuck in a cold pattern that lasts for weeks on end similar to what Europe experienced last year and what we have experienced this summer.  Lets just hope its not a warm pattern we get locked in.

  4. amy n says:

    Maineman I am looking for hope. Of course I want accurate information, but I am hoping that someone has accurate information that contradicts what TWC is saying.  I truly cannot take anymore heat, and something has to come along soon to kill all of these bugs.
    Thanks glennkoks, I am hoping you are right.  Signs of nature are pointing in the opposite direction of what TWC is saying, but last year all we got was that one major snowstorm at Halloween, then nothing.  I am hoping that nature is not gearing up for one big storm, then following with a mild winter, as was last year’s scenario. It would be a good thing if we got into a cold block pattern. I have a fire in the fireplace tonight, and it is so nice! I am ready for this to stick around!

  5. fhutchens says:

    I just saw the GFS weather model from Accuweather. On October the 10th at 2:00 P.M. it has the rain/snowline all the way into southern PA with heavy snow falling in northern PA and parts of the Northeast. Of course that run of the GFS can be taken with a grain of salt!

  6. amy n says:

    How did you find that? I tried to go on the website and couldn’t find it. I also tried to google it.  
    I live in CT., does the model show the snow headed that far east from PA? 

  7. whiteout says:

    There was an outlook that mroe of less “combined” TWC and FA, with a forecast that looked like TWC early winter, then shifting to FA’s conditions.
    Anthing could happen.

  8. rickymadialessi says:

    the weather channel at times can just be a bunch of srupid people

  9. Anthonypilone01 says:

    Aw, wtf, that is a bunch of crap right there.
    I’m just saying, that if it turns out to be another disappointing winter in the east coast, I’m gonna be pissed lol
    But seriously, it’s been far too long since we have had a real winter. The last thing we need here is another snow drought in general. 

  10. rainsticks says:

    The weather channel has a poor track record this year for my area. They warned us that were were going to get some pretty severe thunderstorms on multiple occasions this summer and it ended up being just a trickle of rain.

    I also agree with Anthony, if the east coast gets stuck in a warm weather pattern I’m going to fall off my rocker. Then I will march to Canada on foot in full snow gear. I am NOT letting the weather ruin my fun this year.

  11. Ennaedwyn says:

    Weather channel has a lousy track record or weather predicting. 30% chance of rain to me, there is a 70% chance it will not rain. The 30% turned out to be 70% and i had to rush out and close my windows on my car.
    And remember LAST winter Weather channel said it was going to be cold and snowy – ONLY if you lived in Alaska. Rest of us had a very dull, boring and unwinter like winter for 2011-2012.

    Weather is constantly changing. Weather channel does not take into account the OTHER factors that set up w/ El Nino/La Nina which can make a nice winter/spring/summer, etc.

    They will revise their outlook come Oct/Nov. Till then, enjoy the weather around you.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »