Rough Winter Ahead(Knock on Wood)

Posted By: Ohio 5-O  Posted On: Oct 9th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Looks like a rough winter ahead for Cleveland but hopefully it stays that way and not only cuz I love winter but that means overtime for me which probably means i’ll be helping the traffic unit whcih is fine with me.

1. snowlover says:

Yeah we all like winter (most of us anyway) because winter produces snow.  Snow represents so many things to so many people.  To me it’s a chance that I won’t have to go to work, stay home and snuggle up with a good book, make a big pot of chick & dumplings or soup or chilli.  It also reminds me of a simplier time when I lived in the county and my cousins & I would make snowmen and after the second snow my Grandmother would  make snowcream!!!!!  Yummy!  Now I welcome the opportunity to s l o w – d o w n……and enjoy God’s eyecandy!

2. snowangel78 says:

Yep hopefully Westen NY will have a rough winter as well. @ Snowlove I totally agree with you people need to slow down and enjoy God’s eyecandy. As messed up as this world is people need to calm down and look at something amazing.

3. Grandin says:

I want the rough winter. I live in a snowbelt zone one of the worse snowbelt zones in the world. Lake Michigan is warm and ready to push out snow by the feet! But i do know most of the country will be in the freezer all this winter gonna get down right bitterly numbly cold..

Dan

4. sapporo1 says:

Same here, it does look like it could be a hard winter in Colorado, with us already having received an extreme cold shot, just a preview of what is to come, and it looks like the snows will begin to take aim at us by november, as it is expected to become cold and stormy.

5. snowlover says:

I appreciate everyone’s hard work on maps and such.  We all (on here anyway) wish for a snowy, cold winter.  Looks like most of us on here will possibly get our wish.  What an exciting time of the yearr!  I love autumn.  I love the smell, the fall foliage, the you-never-know-whatcha-gonna-get days!  Some days so far this season has been very cool almost winter-like; other days it’s nice and sunny 70ish days!  I love them both, because the good days allow me to go outside and actually enjoy being outside.  Not that many insects and no humidity!  The cooler days reminds me that winter is right around the corner and to get ready to get ready!  Happy Fall..Yall :)  Thanks again for the forecast, maps, and nature sightings!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »