Potentially horrible news for the worst drought affected areas of Colorado, a possible repeat of the 2010-2011 disaster, followed by another hot, dry summer?

Posted By: sapporo1  Posted On: Oct 17th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

If The Weather Center’s new information regarding the LRC, as well as a potentially re-emerging La Nina verifies, it could end up being worse than the dust bowl of the 1930s, we are already rivaling those terrible drought conditions, and now the LRC is showing another 2010-2011 setup, with the vast majority, if not all storms of any intensity passing well to our north and east.

This scenario is all too familiar as when the storms pass us, they leave behind nothing but unseasonable warm snd devastatingly windy and dry conditions in their wake, honestly though, what did we ever do to deserve such torture, how many years do we have to endure such little precip, it’s about enough, I am not so sure the non desert part of the southwest can take much more of this, water levels are at all time lows, everything is dying, it will take more than a few years of well above normal precip to bring us back from the hell we are in now, and that forecast does not inspire any confidence that this nightmare will ever end.

1. buddy17474 says:

What?!?! Oh my gosh. This is just what we need after one of the warmest Winter, Spring, and Summer on record!

2. sapporo1 says:

Yeah, no kidding, the entire south endured extreme drought during the 2020-2011 winter, andcwe didn’t really fare much better for the 2011-2012 winter…let’s just hope and pray that the El Nino makes a comeback and trumps the La Nina, because we desperately need that moisture around here, or at least give us an ENSO neutral winter, anything but a return of La Nina.

3. snowlover says:

I will pray for you all.  God bless.

4. Momo2 says:

Planning a 5k walk/run October 5, 2013 what is the weather prediction for that day?  Also for October 4, 2013?

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »