The heat finally kicked off

Posted By: pearlss  Posted On: Oct 22nd, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Got up this morning to the heat running in our house. By Monday the high is suppose to be around 58-60 with the low’s in the upper 30′s! For NC, that’s cold! – YES!

1. snowlover says:

Wow, that’s strange.  I’m north of you and the highs this week is expected to be around 80 or 81!  :(  However it was very cold this morning.  That’s pretty warm after the last couple of weeks with seasonal temperatures, and very cool mornings.  No frost yet!  Does anyone see a cool down after this weekend?

2. The Rickster says:

My girlfriend and I are visiting Maggie Valley in early December in celebration of out 1 year of being together (which honestly on November 5th). We’re hoping to see some snow :D. We were going to go in early November…but we figured going in December will allow us more time to save some money, and allow the cooler temps to get settled in. At that elevation, snow isn’t outta the question that time of the year. 

3. pearlss says:

Next Monday. We have a cold front coming through on Sunday.

4. snowlover says:

@Rickster where is Maggie Valley.  Have fun, congratulation and I hope you see lots of snow!

5. The Rickster says:

@ Snowlover- Thanks! Maggie Valley is nearly halfway between Asheville, and Cherokee, North Carolina. It sits over 3,000 feet in elevation. There isn’t much to do from what I can remember…but we’re going to focus on us..and whatever snow may fall. Lol. 

6. buddy17474 says:

Congratulations Rick! Hope ya’ll have a good time up there! Temperatures have been comfortable this weekend, but all this week, we’re expecting highs near 80. Then this weekend, a blast of cold air will sweep through dropping temperatures all across the nation. It could snow in the Great Lakes and parts of New England. Although snow is completely out of the picture down where I live, I’m watching for a possible frost on Monday morning, lows could dip into the mid-30′s and temperatures aren’t expected to leave the 50′s Sat. – Mon., hopefully after this warm spell is done with, I can pack up the shorts.

7. The Rickster says:

Thanks Buddy. I appreciate it and so does she :D. Temps are gonna dropping down here in SC next week feom the way things look. I can’t wait.

8. Grandin says:

My heat has been set to 70 and it’s kicked on alot at night for awhile now. And next monday it’s supper to be 37 for a day time high. Im down! i hope it snows but it wont cause it’s still to warm..

Dan

9. TheMaineMan says:

Geez if I ran my heat at those temperatures I’d be too broke to buy internet and come on here and post, lol. I let my heat kick on the few nights that went below freezing (set the house at 60), but otherwise as long as the house is 60+ degrees I’m happy.

Note: when cold I do run space heaters, which slightly raises my electric bill but saves a fortune in oil.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »