No big storm, but snow coming for Colorado and Wyoming

Posted By: sapporo1  Posted On: Oct 24th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Latest ECMWF and GFS models bring a couple inches of snow from Cheyenne to my neighborhood.

This will happen Wednesday night as a sharp drop in temperatures takes aim on us, lows will drop as low as the teens with highs in the 20s and 30s during the 2-3 day period of colder temps, along with the quick light accumulations Wednesday night, Thursday will feature another storm moving in from the northwest, there is uncertainty with that system, but some models bring as much as 6 inches to my area, again, there is some uncertainty as to the strength of the storm when it arrives, but the cold air will be well in place, so all we need is sufficient moisture.

Also, we desperately need the moisture to help with putting out the newest horrible fire in Colorado, the Wetmore Fire.

1. snowlover says:

My prayers for all of Colorado.  I can’t get jealous of the snow, because I’m so happy that you all are getting some much NEEDED precipation.  Keep us informed.  Tell me, the last storm you’re referring to; is that the low that COULD meet up with SANDY and create a mess for some?

2. sapporo1 says:

The big storm I was referring to was Sandy, if it meets up with a trough that could develop in the New England area, then it could spell one heck of a rainstorm in the Northeast, and possibly snow in the higher terrain, but the bottom line is, you guys are under threat of Sandy making landfall, though, this is coming from the GFS forecasts, which aren’t the most reliable for long range events, however, the fact that the ECMWF suggest a similar scenario, would indicate that there is a real possibility of the storm being drawn westward into the east coast

3. sapporo1 says:

3 inches of snow in my area so far, and around 3″-5″ expected tomorrow night.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »