Snow to fall on Wetmore fire, WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY issued for my area!!

Posted By: sapporo1  Posted On: Oct 25th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

A fresh 2-3″ blanket of snow is on the ground here in my area, and a Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for tonight, calling for 4″-8″ of the white stuff to accumulate here, with higher amounts on north and east facing slopes of Pikes Peak up in Teller county, that was quite a pleasant surprize to wake up to.

On the other side of that coin,  Pueblo and Wetmore did not see much of anything last night, which is sad, because they really need it to stop that fire, which has already destroyed many homes, wrecked many lives.

The good news is, there is hope for them to get significant help from Mother Nature tonight as rain will move into their area and change over to snow, a slushy inch or two is possible down there, with very cold air settling in (10s, 20s) therefor, the heat and dry elements will be taken away from the fire, and hopefull will be enough to at least reduce it, if not put it out.

1. snowlover says:

Good!  Wish you could post some pictures.  Right now it looks like our local Mets are finally taking Sandy serious. 

2. buddy17474 says:

Congrats, do you usually see snow like this October? I’m lucky to see this in January, lol.

3. sapporo1 says:

Buddy, to answer your question, yes, it is normal to see snow here in October, in fact, it is extremely rare to not see at least an inch or two during this month.
    By the way, the latest update on our storm, we currently have between 6 and 8 inches of snow on the ground, and apparently a few to several more inches could fall on top of ithat before this storm moves out later tonight .
    For those who so desperately want to see pictures, I need to learn how to upload them here, I am happy to share pictures, so help me figure it out so I can share the wealth lol. 

4. KatD-Mo. says:

keep it up Supporo and we’ll all come move in with you!   enjoy the white stuff and feel free to send some to Missouri.

5. sapporo1 says:

The storm wound down not long after I posted last time, so total accumulations were about 8 inches, not bad for our first significant snow of the season eh?

6. tornadoes2 says:

southwestern ontario to eastern ontario will get huge storm from hurricane sandy they are sayiing its a big storm coming, 8 to 14 day trend gfs says  warm up again eastern part of the country enjoy weather before turns the worst early this week.

7. sapporo1 says:

Well, it’s going to warm up here for nearly a week before a cold front drops in and brings another chance for snow to my area. 
    Highs could get near 60 or higher next week :( 

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »