The buzz with these bees…

Posted By: The Rickster  Posted On: Oct 25th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Ok so this is weather related…but we have a swarm of Yellow Jackets or something around our humming bird feeder. I think they are after the sweet liquid my mom puts in the feeder for the Hummingbirds. I have never seen them do this. My girlfriend a different type of bee around her feeder too, that was swarming on it. maybe this a sign that these insects are storing things for the winter…? Hopefully these photos work. If not..then here is the link. 

1. snowlover says:

Nice pictures, beautiful fall foliage too!  What are your local meteorologist predicting for South Carolina from Sandy?

2. buddy17474 says:

Cool. My feeder looks exactly like that. Btw, good luck with Sandy cold weather this weekend/next week! 

3. The Rickster says:

@ Buddy, thanks, I appreciate it :D. 

@Snow lover, The local mets are saying only a 20 percent shot of rain…and some wind off of it, and thats it. The folks in the north east are in the cross hairs of this thing though. I’ve never seen a this type of situation happen (with snow from a hurricane possible that is). I’m wishing for the best for the folks up to the north.  

4. TheMaineMan says:

Nice pictures. Must be easy food for them. I had a lot of ants going after mine back in the summer.

5. The Rickster says:

You know, we haven’t had many ants around this year from what I can tell. We had to deal with sugar ants here inside the house but as far as fire ants and crap…they have been missing. 

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »