2012-2013 Winter Forecast #3/White Christmas Forecast

Posted By: Anthonypilone01  Posted On: Nov 10th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Published on Nov 9, 2012 by 

1. sapporo1 says:

It would be nice if there was any precedence behind the above average precipitation in Colorado, however, as the current trends are showing, as well as the ensemble models, to my personal horror, the future is very grim for us here in the centennial state, with no active southern storm track, the forecast is extremely dry, in particular for east of the Continental Divide, it is possible we could have one of the driest winters ever recorded in southeast Colorado due to a northern storm track and almost stationary blocking highs that seem to want to set up directly over Colorado, keeping conditions almost permanently unseasonably warm and unbelievably dry, October saw very little precipitation, and November is offering little hope for any precip at all so far, even in the longest range outlooks, it scares me really, as we don’t need any more drought than we have already experienced, and yet, our area seems to keep getting punished with severe heat and drought in the summer, and windstorms, warth and extreme drought in the winter, it’s a viscious cycle that seems like it has no end, I just wish that I could say that there is any real hope of recovery from this nightmare, but there isn’t, there’s no light at the end of the tunnel, and even though western Colorado’s luck is starting to turn for the better, it simply means nothing for our area, that has suffered from a serious lack of precip for 3 straight years now, and headed for a fourth, it wont be long now before lack of water and fires destroy every living thing in this area, it already almost happened with the Waldo Canyon Fire, and that may be only a preview of what’s to come if Mother Nature doesn’t get her act together and make things right here.

2. sapporo1 says:

Sorry for such a grim message, but it gets old being the state that always gets ignored all the time.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »