Final Winter 2012-2013 Outlook

Posted By: cjjtsmom  Posted On: Nov 12th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm_pkEH3CHk&feature=plcp

By Stephen Boyle

1. snowangel78 says:

looks good just hope western ny and the rest of the northeast gets what this guy is calling for. The professionals dont seem to know what it will do this winter which is kinda dissappointing with all the computer stuff they have. Than again computers arent always relieable.

2. trw says:

This looks good for the great lakes regions, if it holds up…..   I feel as I speak for most, when I say I can’t handle another let down winter like last!

3. The Rickster says:

Same here. I’m happy with 5-10″ of snow for the winter. We usually get the most out of one storm, if it snows at all. 

4. sapporo1 says:

Hmm, he sort of openly admitted that he does not really know the topography of the west very well, so his snowfall predictions are a little strange for the west, like the deserts of wyoming getting way too much snow to be supposedly dry, and again with the mountain rim of Arizona getting no snow at all, impossible, it has never happened, nor will it ever happen.
    Well, I can’t really say that it surprizes me, being that easterners having a tough time understanding western mountain topography and it’s effects on precipitation.
    Sad that he shows Steamboat Springs getting only 90″ this year, on average they recieve 170″+ a year, so 90″ would be near record dry, hope that doesn’t happen. 

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »