60′s and 70′s becoming the new normal in Chicago for December?

Posted By: Rodney1974  Posted On: Dec 3rd, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Hello Everyone:

After today’s freakishly warm day in Chicago, I would like to express my concern that hot weather all year round could be the new norm. If anything, 60′s and 70′s could be common in future winters. I hope not, but this is too scary. SHould this trend continue, the north Pole might be the only place where we will see winters from here run out. Honestly, I feel like the winters we have once been accustomed to are disappearing year by year. If you do not believe me, look at the late season snowfalls we have been experiencing lately in the Midwest. Something is wrong.

1. snowboi1 says:

I agree.We here in South Carolina have hardly seen any real winters in 20 or more years.

2. Ohio 5-O says:

Rodney I gotta believe that this warmth will be outta here soon. Just a gut feeling

3. Delstein says:

I agree with Ohio 5-0. Warm spells happen ALL the time. While this summer was a very extreme example, and I am in no way trying to say temperatures this year were normal, I think we will get a real winter this year. It’s only early December, and we still have a long time to go before the first day of spring. 

4. buddy17474 says:

@snowboi
    I would probably consider 09-10 and 10-11 “real” winters. 

5. snowboi1 says:

Well those 2 winters were closet to the coldest weve had done here in years.Problem is the 10-11 winter ended in early Feb. which was way to soon.

6. snowlover says:

I’ll take winter 2009/10 for 1000 please! :)

7. spellbound says:

I’ll take 2009/2010 to please, as soon as possible !!!!  This weather sucks, and all the new people are like isn’t it wonderful  !!!  NO IT IS NOT wonderful, I hate that

8. spellbound says:

NEWS people channels 4 in Pittsburgh 

9. buddy17474 says:

In 10/11 I had several snow events. but yeah, the temperature went from 11 degrees to nearly 80 degrees in a week’s time in February. 09/10 was just plain cold. I was out of school because of single digit temperatures. and Memphis went 102 consecutive days without hitting 70, which sadly, is a long time to not hit 70 here. It wasn’t really snowy, but we did have one good snow event in February that shutdown the city. So, I really don’t know which one I’d rather have.

10. tornadoes2 says:

im happy with 4 inches of snow and it melts in a couple days.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »