Cold Arctic Air

Posted By: buddy17474  Posted On: Dec 3rd, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Yes, everyone knows Alaska and Canada can get very cold in the winter, but right now it’s just unbearable. Temperatures have dropped into the -50s in some parts of Alaska this week. Fairbanks dipped to -38 yesterday, about 35 degrees below average for that day. I don’t think we have any Alaskans on here… but here’s where it gets interesting: If the cold air somehow dipped into the United States we could see a December 1983, January 1985, December 1989, or a February 1996 scenario. I know it sounds crazy, but I’m a teenager just wishing…

1. Grandin says:

i was dock side in barrow alaska once back in the late 80′s and it got -75 below once it was some crazy stuff.

Dan

2. trw says:

From one extreme to the other I suppose. But I would be happy with a winter that even falls into the average criteria. I’m sick of this warm rainy crap. I mean come on its December…

3. snowangel78 says:

send some of that cold to all of the northeast and if you got snow send that too.

4. The Rickster says:

This warm weather is nice since I have having to prep my car for the trip to the mountains…but thats where all this warm weather can kiss my butt. Thats part of the reason my woman and I pushed out one year anniversary vacation into December, because I was thinking that…with it being December….it might be colder up there than in November. But…nope. Highs will be in the 60′s up there, and lows ranging anywhere from 45, to the upper 30′s. I call B.S. on that. 

5. KatD-Mo. says:

we have rumors of snow.  hubby was told to get the plows running.  weather man isn’t saying squat. 

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »