The good ol’ days

Posted By: trw  Posted On: Dec 13th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Just ran across this picture on a website of a local snowmobile shop,   and this is what we all dream about!!!   Just thought i would put it on here for something to dream about.    http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u366/twildey1/Untitled.png   Link to Pic 

1. snowboi1 says:

When is winters like those returning to even South Carolina?Dont mean well get that much snow but winters like the mid-80s back?

2. snowlover says:

Winters like….when the ice cycles would hang all around your house.  With your Grandmother hollering don’t eat the icecyles because it’ll give you a sore throat.  When you could go ice skating in a mud puddle.  When you didn’t think about going outside unless you had on ear muffs, hat, coat, and boots.  When you would wake up in the morning and look outside and there be a winter wonderland out there and NO SCHOOL for a week! 

3. snowlover says:

Now you understand why I call myself Snowlover!  :)

4. The Rickster says:

Made a igloo type deal years ago with my.grandma. i think it was back in 2001 or so. Il never forget that day.

5. KatD-Mo. says:

when you were told to stay off the ponds til the ice was 3 inches thick, and you did… and it did get thick enough.  several times in one winter.

I also remember coming home on leave one January.  cold as XXXX.  I told mom I’d never come back to Mo. in the winter again.   I didnt, until I retired. :D   and now it’s like……. florida.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »