Blizzard 12/27 in Oklahoma?

Posted By: bobandsheba  Posted On: Dec 18th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

Our TV forecasters here in Tulsa and the ones in Oklahoma City are forecasting a Blizzard to hit Oklahoma (mainly NE and E OK) next Thurs-Friday, bringing 10-20 inches of snow.  That’s a long ways out to forecast, but I am hoping they are right. 

Any of the forecasters on here agree, or see anything like this coming our way?  After our Faux Winter last year, I am hopeful.

1. bobandsheba says:

Sorry for the double post, my computer is not running well, and I hit submit twice.  I can not locate a delete post.

2. Blizzardlord says:

I’m not a forecaster but I saw the gfs model on that storm and it looks to be big, I know the model isn’t always the best to look at but at least it gives us some idea of what may come

3. sonnysnow92 says:

Yeah the GFS model seems to show a system moving through OK and then on to IL if it works out but this is still a week or so away so the models of course are not in in good agreement yet but I sure hope to see this thing happen.

4. snowlover says:

I must admit that I’m a bit jealous!  I’m happy for you all; but I’m so disappointed that the mid atlantic will get nothing except some evening showers.  We’re 8″ short on precepitation; so I will be grateful for the rain, yet hoping for snow.  :)

5. bobandsheba says:

Thanks fo rthe info.  Our weather guys keep flip flopping, and it is different depending on which channel you watch.  I do understand it is hard to be certain with it being so far out.  I guess I will just keep my hopes up that we get snowed in for a few days!

6. sapporo1 says:

Same here bobandsheba, our models are flipping back and forth on how strong that storm will be when it tracks through Colorado, some are saying light snow, others are saying potential for a significant storm.
    Who knows, whatever happens, happens, we are already just about guaranteed a white Christmas here in Palmer Lake, as we just got about 10″ of snow from the last storm that also pounded the Midwest.

7. KatD-Mo. says:

Sapporo, I was wondering how your area came out of that storm.  We got a couple inches, but the wind blew it to Ill.!  Its ice now, yuck.  So be it, at least it feels like winter now.

what we had to put into the snow equipment to get it in shape verses what it paid to plow such a small amount.. we’re in the hole.  maybe we’ll get a chance to work our way out of the hole.  

8. bobandsheba says:

As of today they are saying anywhere between 1-2″ starting Christmas day, depending on which station and which model is correct.  I am hoping for 6″ or more.  That would be the best Christmas present ever!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »