Our Unexpected White Christmas :)

Posted By: Jayne1954  Posted On: Dec 24th, 2012  Filed Under: Weather

First of all Merry Christmas to all! What was supposed to be just alittle snow showers, sleet and rain for us on this Christmas Eve has turned out to be 2 inches! The only thing is that it has messed up our plans to go to Midnight Mass tonight and we were really looking forward to it this year. Since I do not drive in this stuff we can’t go. I had to go out earlier around 4 pm to take my daughter home and the secondary roads were pretty messy and slippery. So when I finally got back home that was it for me. Now we are under a Winter Storm watch for late Christmas night to wed. night with the chance of significant snow and ice accumulations with temps in the upper 20′s and lower 30′s. I just hope we don’t get the ice, I hate that and don’t want to lose our power either. That’s it for now so again Merry Christmas and God Bless All and be safe out there.

1. TheMaineMan says:

We had a last second white Christmas as well… woke up to green grass this morning, but when the snow showers rolled in they picked up and turned into a steady snowfall, which lasted for a few hours. There was about 2-3 inches on the ground by the time it stopped. We drove to visit family 40 minutes away, and they had nothing. What are the odds?

Big storm forecast for Thursday…and temps look seasonably cold. Looks like winter is finally rolling in!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »