Brutal Cold Waves Could be Heading for the U.S.

Posted By: Grandin  Posted On: Jan 6th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

This is coming from accuweather.com so take this weather story with a grain of salt. The only reason why i’m posting this weather story is because i’ve been hearing the same thing from several different people as well. And this cold could bring some hefty snowstorms as well. The link is below. Any thoughts on this? ~Dan~

1. The Rickster says:

@ Snowboy. I’ve been living here for about 23 years. Seen it snow in March once, that I can remember. 

2. snowboi1 says:

Het Rickster we seem to have not had a lot of real cold winters down since the early-mid-80s.

3. The Rickster says:

I do agree Snowboi. It sucks…but it is what it is. At this point, I’m willing to drive to the up state just to see some snow fall. Lol. 

4. TheMaineMan says:

It sure has been cold the past week… temps in the single digits and below zero constantly. Thursday’s HIGH temperature was -1F. It hasn’t gone super cold (lowest is -8F so far, when in past years it has gone as low as -30F) but it has been consistently below average. Next week has a brief mild spell coming in, then the cold returns for the beginning of February.

5. snowlover says:

I sure hope that we get more snow.  We’ve had a total of about 3 inches thus far. At least I’ve finally gotten a chance to see some snow.  Even if it is only around for a day or less :).

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »