2013 spring/summer outlook map??

Posted By: Grandin  Posted On: Mar 12th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

Does anyone know when farmers almanac will release there 2013 spring/summer outlook forecast and map?

Dan

1. TheMaineMan says:

I think they already released their spring outlook (look under weather section from main website, do a search) but they usually don’t do a map for the spring, just the summer. They do have a summer map in their book though.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong and there is a spring map somewhere.

2. sapporo1 says:

I have the 2013 Almanac, and here is what the summer map is saying for the coming summer.
    Warm and dry weather will ecompass the entire west coast, while the Intermountain west all the way to the western edge of the Plain states will have typical summer temperatures and normal precipitation, this includes most of the southwest, excluding any of California, all of the Four Corners states, as well as the southern/central/northern Rockies/Front Range.
    From the Plain states all the way to the Mid Altlantic coast and down to the Southeast coasts, this includes all of the Plains, Midwest, Great Lakes, Ohio/Mississippi vallies, deep South, Southeast and Mid Atlantic regions, expect warm to hot conditions with normal precipitation.
    As for the Northeast, including the northern half of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and northward, the almanac is calling for very warm conditions, and drier than normal. 
    This is the official outlook from the 2013 Farmer’s Almanac. 

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »