El nino , La nina, or neutral for this winter

Posted By: adogg30  Posted On: May 13th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

I know we just got done with winter… But I have one question for you guys : Can you  tell me if we are going to have a el Nino, la Nina , or is it going to be neutral for the winter of 2013/14?

1. sapporo1 says:

Adogg, unfortunately that kind of thing is just not foreseeable that far out in advance…there are alot of guesses out there, but knowing exactly what ENSO state we will be in beyond the next 30-60 days is nearly impossible.
    I can, however tell you this…
    if you are hoping that the Northeast, Mid Atlantic or Ohio Valley will have more back to back winters like 2009-2010 and 2010-2011, then you may or may not be disappointed, because winters like that are pretty rare in the Ohio Valley and coastal Northeast, they just don’t happen very often, they get at least one or two good snowstorms every year, but to see the kind of snow experienced during those two years is something you may only see once or twice in a lifetime.

2. TheMaineMan says:

09-10 and 10-11 were almost polar opposites in Maine. The former being very mild, the latter being very cold.

3. Rodney1974 says:

I just hope that the 2013-2014 winter would at least come one time (November, December and January) and not late, unlike this past 2012-2013 winter where the true winter weather did not arrive until February and March. I do not want another warm, boring, depressing, rainy winter. Please God let 2013-2014 winter be cold and arrive early!!!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »