Winter Weather Predictions and Folklore’s and noticed signs 2013-2014 Please Put here got text-ed about it from admin.

Posted By: Janchris  Posted On: Jul 27th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

Here is the thread… cheers and keep those predictions and folklore’s coming in.

1. Janchris says:

Current ENSO Update… Neutral Right now we are in a ENSO Neutral according to most forecast but also more call for a Neutral Cool/ Weak La Nina and Fewer like ECMFW I think believes in El Nino stage for Winter but most numbers predominates on Neutral/Weak La Nina

2. The Rickster says:

We have spiders pretty bad around my area in South Carolina. I can’t remember ever seeing them go this crazy honestly. I mowed the yard not too long ago, and ran into three vacant webs while doing so. Seen 2 orb Weaver type spiders last night. My girlfriend has a orb weaver on her front porch and another on the back side of her house. Seen more Wolf Spiders this year than I ever have. Ants are building more than last year as well. This could all be a coincidence but I’m just saying its out of the ordinary around here. 

3. TheMaineMan says:

That is interesting… usually a neutral ENSO leans towards the colder and snowier side for us, but natural signs seem to be hinting at a more mild winter. It will be interesting to see what happens, along with what the signs say as we get closer to autumn/winter.

4. pearlss says:

North Carolina is the same way Rickster.  And they are very, very active! We’ve seen webs all over the place around our place and most of them high.  We can’t keep them off our porch and they are fast!  We went out on Sunday and by Monday morning there was a very large one going from the house to the front of my car!

5. The Rickster says:

Most of ours are high too. We have a dusk-till-dawn light in our back yard. I was outside last night, and counted about 4 webs near the light. Two on the power lines going to it, then two more right beside the light, in a tree. Still got those other two spiders on the awning. Seems like everywhere I go, there is a freaking spider. 

6. Janchris says:

I feel this Winter is going to be Bad for PNW, Great Lakes, Northeast, and North Southeast rest of the regions not all bad

7. Janchris says:

This Morning I took the Dog out and was checking for Nature signs of a Harsh Winter I had seen a Squirrel with a very bushy tail, many Blackberries,  No acorns yet but it’s budding and seems to be a lot, Cool not hot but also foggy very early, ant’s are making big hills, Swallows migrating early also a Red-necked Grebe a Waterfowl has been spotted by a birder here “Early” and by here that’s Washington State, My rocky mt maple tree is losing leaves and since July but all other’s still look healthy kinda crazy, were there is green grass it too green also which is a sign for a bad Winter need to look for a Woolly Worm for confirmation, Spider’s and other insects going into cover especially houses like crazy has also been seen…. 

8. Janchris says:

ENSO temp -0.3 almost La Nina 
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/hot-weather-basically-a-no-show-the-next-two-weeks-1/15985707

Hot Weather Basically a No-Show the Next Two Weeks
    http://www.accuweather.com
    The overall weather pattern across North America over the next 7 to 14 days will likely keep most of the heat confined to the South Central and Southwest states.

9. katzgr8 says:

Every time I get “nesting” instincts it usually is a bad winter. I look for more blizzards again this winter and ice storms in places that don’t normally get them…stock up now for winter like the squirrels do and put a little something back for emergencies power outages and such. With Russia and others knowing some of our weak spots I look for a cyber attack on the grids of the US and depending on where you live without alternate source of heat and cooking it could be fatal. Hopefully all will be mild and calm. Ever think that today is say Monday instead of Thursday…you feel as if it should be a work day and its not etc…well I’ve had the feeling it’s autumn when it’s not. Looking at the jet streams dipping further south and the mild to cool temps northward I’d say that too could be a clue what the winter will be like.

10. lpm says:

You guys are hilarious!  According to live weather blogs, it’s supposed to be a weak to moderate El Niño but the other blog mentions La Niña.  Does anyone really know?  No, because it will be what it will be and it is what it is.  The sun always rises and sets and we have to take what comes.  

11. Janchris says:

It’s a Neutral right now for sure but it may change last year it was a El Nino then turned to a Neutral but it’s so far Neutral right now

12. snowangel78 says:

Does anyone have a maple tree with those helicopter looking things on them? The one in my back yard is loaded with them. I just thought they were dead leaves. Wonder if those are a sign of things to come.

13. snowlover says:

Not sure. Perhaps you can google “Maple Trees” and see.  I sure hope it’s a sign of some good stuff for ya!  Let us know please.

14. TheMaineMan says:

Your maple trees have helicopters this time of year? Ours fall off the tree in late May / early June here.

15. rickymadialessi says:

i do see where the maine man is coming from mine does too

16. snowangel78 says:

@maineman yep they are on there but some of them are starting to fall now.

17. TheMaineMan says:

I suppose the real question is… is that normal? If not, will be interesting to see what happens.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »