signs

Posted By: snow angels  Posted On: Aug 7th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

I have a Great Dane that is shedding like crazy………..I have never seen her shed like this before and it started in mid July; never that early.  I have noticed a ton of THICK spider webs all over the place.  Where did all the lightning bugs go, there were tons of them last week and now nothing………. Every morning so far this month has been foggy, seems to take forever for it to burn off too.  I’m hoping for a good old fashioned winter…way over due! 

1. timj says:

any one have any ideas on south eastern ontrio for the winter / fall 

2. The Rickster says:

We’ve spiders galore down here in SC. I have NEVER seen them this bad. My uncles grape tomato plants are nearly outta control. They’er producing tomatoes like there is no tomorrow. I snack on them when I mow they’er yard. Lol. Ants are worse this year than last as well. If I recal correctly, the high for tomorrow is supposed to be 73, with rain. Our normal high this time of year is in the upper 80s to lower 90s. Some wild stuff..

3. snowlover says:

Yes Rickster, wild!  Loving the 70 something here in Va.  Just love it!  I’m gonna be sick when the hotter weather come in the middle of next week.  Accuweather’s forecast for a warm fall kinda bummed me out.  However I can’t trust anything completely.  Like another poster said;  I look for nature clues.

4. Sunnygirl8000 says:

With the really cool weather we have been having here in Missouri, has anyone heard what kind of winter we might be looking at?

5. The Rickster says:

We didn’t even hit 70 today. I woke up around 10 AM, the temp was 63! I had to put on a hoodie to go outside. The wind was blowing out of the north too. Really had that fall feel. I loved every second of it. I loved it so much…I worked on one of my bicycles under the awning, beside my shop in the back yard with it raining. Lol :). I don’t look forward to the heat returning either but maybe….JUST MAYBE…this is a sign of things to come.

6. squirrelwhisperer says:

Snowangel,

Squirrels use their tails as an umbrella to stay dry in rain; have you ever noticed a squirrel in a rain storm, their tail is  against their back. And their tails get bushy for the winter to help keep them warm. They wrap it around their face and paws to help to keep ears and paws from frostbite.
    Their normal body temp 102-103

7. snowlover says:

Thanks for the explanation of the bushy tailed squirrels Squirrelwhisperer!  I figured it had something to do with it’s protection during the winter months.  God looks out for everyone; even the animals.  @The Rickster, so glad you enjoyed your day, sounds like a perfect day for you.  I heard that the temps will go back up next week.  Yet still it isn’t supposed to be as hot as it usually is for the middle of August.  Everyone enjoy your weekend.  Rain is expected here in VA.

8. The Rickster says:

@Snowlover, had another 60 degree day here yet again. Our high was 70, and that was at 2 AM or somewhere along those longs, according to the local weather guy. Temps have been falling from then on. Its 62 right now. I wore a jacket just to go a mile down the road in my car to get some coffee. Lol. I love it :). Hows the weather up there right now?

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »