The new Farmers’ Almanac book

Posted By: Grandin  Posted On: Aug 17th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

I got my new 2014 Farmers’ Almanac book in the mail today. And i for sure came home directly after work and opened it and turned to page 32 and seen the winter 2013/2014 map and i’d say about 2/3 of the country will be really cold this winter and snowy.. I live in zone 2 and sounds like were gonna get hammered big time with lake effect snows and really cold weather. The midwest will be getting winter early i hear and stay that way for about 7 months.. And next summer looks to be really hot and humid and wet for a good part of the United States as well.. Can’t wait allready taking bid for citys who get alot of snow so my company can get contracted to help plow. I have a feeling were all gonna be busy this winter shoveling or enjoying the snow and cold! Me and my family were suppose to be moving to New Hampshire this summer but the guy who was selling us his house backed out at the last second which made me very mad. So now were on the hunt again for a house. I may get a crew together and go out there or somewhere in the upper England area like maine or connecticut or massachusetts in the country and build a house for me and my family.. something with alot of land and quiet.. i can trap in the winter and plow and in the summer have some landscaping bids and contracts.. Anyone else get there new 2014 farmers’ almanac book today and what are your thoughts on this upcoming winter?

Dan

1. buddy17474 says:

Cool! Hey – off topic – if I get the book off my kindle will it download right away or will I have to wait because this is my first year buying it.

2. buddy17474 says:

NEVERMIND! I’m about to get it right now

3. sapporo1 says:

Why don’t you move to Steamboat Springs, Colorado?
    Scenery is amazing, tons of snow out here (around 200 inches in town, nearly 340 inches at the mountain) friendly people out here, easy to find work,very affordable, especially when you consider that town is only about a 5-10 minute drive from one of the most highly sought out ski resorts in the country.
    Great fishing, white water rafting, dining, just tonight, Black Sabbath and Metallica are playing in town, tons of farms and ranches just minutes from town, rodeos, farmer’s markets, shopping galore, just always something going on in the area, state and national parks all around, stunning national forest everywhere, you just can’t beat this place.

4. sapporo1 says:

There is plenty of housing with stunning views and many acres of land to settle down on, several rivers run through the area, and many lakes, reservoirs and streams, so water is not really too.much of an issue out here.
    Summers are lush and green, and it does get warm out here, sometimes near 90 in town, with high 70s in the higher elevations, with plenty of rain to keep things green most years, drought isn’t as much a concern out here as it is in areas farther south, since we get alot of our moisture from both the Southwest Monsoons in the summer and moist PNW flow to dump tons of fresh, powdery snow in winter, severe weather does occasionally occur here, but is rare compared to other parts of the country.

5. TheMaineMan says:

Depends how much snow is too much… anything over 100 inches is too much for me.

6. Grandin says:

Hey buddy good call. This years Farmers’ Almanac is a good one! Hey sapporo1 your area sound like my kinda place! I’ll have to get sometime off and me and the mrs. will have to scout out that area.. Hey MaineMan yes indeed i think your area will get alot of snow too. If i end up there me and you have to hang out one day if u want you are a cool guy..

Dan

7. spellbound says:

Hi Dan !!  Hope your summer has been good, what does it say for my region?  Southwestern ,pa….. and if ya are looking to branch your company out, I’m looking for a buyer ……. :)

8. mary3618 says:

What does it say about Georgia?  I live in Acworth, GA.  Just curious

9. ttjsk812 says:

What does it say for central Indiana.Thanks

10. ShawnM says:

What does it say for central Missouri! Thank you :)

11. ShawnM says:

I’m hoping for more thundersnow this upcoming winter season. We received it during Winter Storm Q, Rocky and Virgil! The most happened during the first and third storms. I think we got over 30 inches of snow last winter.

12. Grandin says:

hey spellbound,  your zone this winter says chilly,wet,white.. and i am looking to branch out but not right now i gotta make this move first. But when im ready to wheel and deal ill look you up!

Hey mary3618, Your zone says chilly and wet..

Hey ttjsk812, you zone reads biting cold and snowy..

Hey Shawn, you zone reads piercing cold with normal snowfall..

Dan

13. ttjsk812 says:

Wow thank you. Grandin. Is it looking like an el nino or la nina or neutral. Anybody know??

14. snowangel78 says:

according to the weather channel it is neutral so far. I think it was neutral last year at this time too.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »