Fall Foliage and Leafpeeping 2013

Posted By: Leafpeeper  Posted On: Aug 22nd, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

Nice to see my fellow cold weather lovers are still here. Flew to Virginia 2012 for the fall; very pretty, but a bit early for peak. This year Ma picked Boston/Concord as her areas of interest are in Revolutionary history. We’re looking at going Oct. 29 for five days. A week earlier is bound to be pretty crowded, so I thought to push it up a little. Someone on another site suggested Sudbury and the mill there as worth seeing  What are your opinions on places/timing?  Thanks much! Leafpeeper :)

1. TheMaineMan says:

You’ll probably see some color then. Would see more a week earlier, but like you said much more crowded.

I think that foliage will be good in this area as we’ve had a good amount of rainfall for it, and since June haven’t had many scorching temperatures.

2. Leafpeeper says:

Thank you Maine Man. We cannot wait to see the leaves change! Booked for Oct.28 in Sudbury to see the mill, visit Concord, Lexington and and Adam’s Home. I’m keen to make a drive into Keene, NH to see the goings on there, too. Think we’ll avoid Salem until post All Hallows :)

3. TheMaineMan says:

Salem is a blast, went there not too long ago. Lots to do in late October as many of the museums do special haunted events… going to have to go back sometime to do the things I didn’t have time to do last time.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »