Sapporo (Colorado flooding)

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Sep 22nd, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

Sapporo, I’ve seen the news about the flooding in Colorado… it looks absolutely devastating. Haven’t heard from you in awhile… hope you are doing ok and that you and your’s are safe. Hard to believe that just a year ago you were in a terrible drought, now in a terrible flood.

1. sapporo1 says:

Sorry about the lack of replies lately, I have had limited access to the internet, not due to the floods in Colorado, which strangely enough I am not in right now, I am with family in Saitama, Japan.
    Actually, we have had flooding and damaging winds here as well, due to a direct landfall by Typhoon Man Yi, then right after that we had a strong earthquake (5 pointer)that was epicentered right in Fukushima, which we are not that far from, not to mention absolutely sultry heat and humidity, so it has been a wild ride for me here too, but yeah, I have kept pretty close tabs on what has been going on in Colorado, since I hear that Boulder, and Poudre Canyon had picked up nearly 20 inches of rain in one week, in the news, a man had reported a 20 foot wall of water that flew down that canyon.
    Now, it sounds like where I live at is dealing with not only more heavy rain and flash flood danger in some places, but now snow in the higher passes and sub-freezing temperatures on the valley floors, I have a funny feeling we are going to have a crazy winter this year, possibly unlike any that have been witnessed in many years, but that is only natural, as this kind of thing tends to happen in our state when the PDO goes positive, since the positive phase encourages a strong storm track over the Rockies.
    It’s really sad to hear about all the destruction caused by the flash flooding, especially about the 6 people who unfortunately died in those floods, a few of them in Colorado Springs, my heart goes out to them, and the families of those victims of both the Colorado flood victims, and all the victims who lost their homes and their lives due to flash flooding and landslides here in Japanas well.
    On the positive side of the heavy rains in Colorado, the areas that were not crippled by floods did recieve some of the most beneficial rains that we have seen in nearly decades, and in a few cases, it surpassed the criteria for a 100 year flood event, because of that, drought conditions that had worsened for nearly half a decade have been almost completely erased, and in many cases, are all but a distant memory now, so in the end, this chain of heavy rain events has been both a blessing and a curse.
    By the way, Maineman, thank you for your concern, It makes me happy knowing that I have friends here at FA who worry about my well-being, thank you again, and it’s really good to hear from you, hope you are doing well as well, and I hope you’re ready for winter, because here it comes…
    僕は本当にFAの内の友人に心の底から感謝したいと思います。体には気を付けて下さい。
    つまり、A special thanks goes out to my friends here at FA, from the bottom of my heart. Take care everyone.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »