Possible SNOW in Eastern Oklahoma next week?

Posted By: bobandsheba  Posted On: Oct 23rd, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

Rumor has it from the local weather stations here in Tulsa that we MAY see snow next week for Halloween…Although I want the kids to be able to trick-or-treat, I am excited.  Is there anyone on here that may be able to validate these rumors?  This would be the earliest snow I have seen that I can remember.

I do hope we get a LOT of snow this winter.

1. snowlover says:

Lucky you.  I would go by what my local Meterologist says.  Sometimes the national weather forecasters focus on the larger cities and might not zoom in on the smaller ones.  Not sure how big Tulsa is.  I’m a bit jealous, just a bit.  I do want to enjoy autumn for all it’s splendor; however I’m looking forward for some snow too.  Flurries would be nice.  Here in Va it seems like our local Meterologist choke on their words when saying s..sn..snow.  :)

2. TheMaineMan says:

Why couldn’t kids trick or treat in the snow? It’s happened here multiple times, although won’t happen this year.

3. Delstein says:

We had flurries this morning in Central OH. It started as rain around 6:30, but was snow an hour later.

4. sapporo1 says:

This rumor of possible snow in Tulsa could potentially come to fruition next week, as there are indications of a push of arctic air dropping in from Canada, and if it drops far enough south, we could could be looking at a classic Blue Norther scenario, and the storm system associated with the cold air outbreak is currently looking pretty powerful, though the exact track and strength are still highly uncertain, as of now, the potential is there for the flakes to fly as far south as Oklahoma, keep your eyes peeled over the next week for changes to the forecast as the details on the storm and associated arctic cold front become more refined, here in Steamboat, they are already warning of potential heavy snow and frigid temps.

5. bobandsheba says:

Thank you Sapporo1.  I do want snow, I love the stuff.

MaineMan, the kids could trick or treat in the snow, I know mine would, but I am sure most parents here would keep them home.  We are not used to the cold and snow here this early, and when it snows, everyone stays in instead of getting out in it.  I am one to get out and play and carry on.  I call in to work when school closes to play in it with the kid.  (I work from home, so I would not have to go in to work, but I want to get out and enjoy the snow while it is there.)

6. tornadoes2 says:

sapporo they are saying that the sun activity eleven year cycle it’s going to get active late this year into 2014.

7. ShawnM says:

Sapporo will the storm affect anyone north or northeast of Oklahoma like Kansas and Missouri? That sounds awesome for you btw!

8. tornadoes2 says:

Warming up this week from texas to the great lakes we will have big storm voming from the south with dew points 60s and 70s streaming in the ohv to the gls there’s going to be a lot of wind and rain could take power grids out.bt
    The storm will come thursday or friday then there’s one coming from southern pacific which could give us another big storm stay tune for the fall storm.

9. KatD-Mo. says:

we could use a little rain, bring it on!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »