Nearly 30 inches of snow this month…and counting

Posted By: sapporo1  Posted On: Oct 30th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

A new storm has moved in the last few days and dropped about 5 inches of snow at my house in the last 2 days…with more snow possible through Friday, as much as another 5 inches possible in fact, which would put October’s snowfall over 30 inches, pretty amazing stuff.
What do you guys think of that? I’d say that could be a sign that we might just get buried in snow this year here in the NW Colorado mountains, that also puts us at around 4 to 5 inches of precitation for the month, since total precip for the last few days has been close to 3 quarters of an inch, and more precip expected to end out October, which is well above average for this month…in some cases almost double the norm.

1. TheMaineMan says:

That’s more than my January average, and over a third of our seasonal average of 80. We haven’t seen any snowflakes in my backyard yet, although we’re starting to go below freezing consistently at night. Sounds like you’re off to a cold, hard start. Sounds like the place to go skiing this year.

2. sapporo1 says:

No kidding, just finished out the month with about 34 inches of snow, our average for october is about a foot, so we are way above normal.
    Now a new storm to move in to bring a strong start to November, with up to a foot of snow forecasted for my area on Monday night and Tuesday.
    Buffalo Pass, just about 20 miles off to my northeast, has had over 45 inches of snow, with a constant snowpack of just over 2 feet, so yeah, we are off to a very good start.

3. ShawnM says:

Here’s to a very cold, very snowy winter with a lot of Colorado lows and Panhandle hook systems for the Midwest including my state, “The Show-Me state” Missouri!

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »