Possible snow flurries for Southern Arkansas next week!

Posted By: Dannette  Posted On: Nov 19th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

I just checked our 10 day forecast and the Weather Channel is predicting rain mixed with snow. We never get these kinds of predictions this early in the winter. So I am looking forward to possibly a snowy winter for us. Of course this being Southern Arkansas our weather seems to change hourly so by next Wednesday it could be 75 degrees. LOL. 

On a side note:  My husband spoke with a co-worker who cut open several persimmon seeds and they all had spoons in them. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

1. snowlover says:

Well the Weather Channel predicting a chance of snow this early seems okay…BUT SPOONS IN THE PERSIMMONS SEEMS DOWNRIGHT FANTASTIC!!!!  :)  I hope that’s the same system that will bring snow to us next week.  I keep hearing something about the possibility of snow for the week of Thanksgiving!  How cool would that be?  Delicious food, family and lots (or little) of snow!!!!  Keep us posted Dannette please.

2. Dannette says:

Ok just to update… We have a special weather statement from the NWS that states we will be getting freezing rain and sleet on Sunday night into Monday morning. So not much snow but icy conditions. It’s not quite what I was hoping for but it is wintery weather and it’s pretty to look at once I am home from work. Lol

3. ShawnM says:

You’ll get snow before you know it! Who knows it might snow off and on for several months during the winter months. It may start before the winter start date on the calender.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »