First snow…. surprise snow!

Posted By: TheMaineMan  Posted On: Nov 24th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

Well, here I was 12:30 at night working on the computer, and I hear a loud noise outside, thinking “wow that almost sounds like a snowplow.” I looked out the window, and much to my surprise… it was a snowplow! I turned on the light and saw that there was at least half an inch on the ground, and still some light snow falling. I’m a bit surprised the plow was out for this, but not as surprised as I am to see snow at all. This was NOT forecast. Even weather.com isn’t showing snow on the radar right now… but I see it with my own eyes. What a neat surprise. And with tomorrow’s high only forecast to be 26 degrees… it should still be around when I get up in the morning… well, at least if I go to bed soon lol.

This week’s forecast is mainly… chilly! Highs in the 20s and lows in the 10s, except for Tuesday and Wednesday. December-like temperatures for sure.

Wednesday we’re forecast to get a storm, although it looks more rainy than snowy. I’m expecting some mix but nothing big as far as the white stuff goes. Time will tell.

1. ShawnM says:

Which therefore proves that the weather can do what it wants to do even if it isn’t what they forecasted! Weather can always surprise you. Just like if it rains when they sunny it is supposed to be sunny, you could potentially have snow when they possibly say rain or wintry mix, it all depends on the temperature contrasts in the atmosphere and the surface.

2. TheMaineMan says:

That is very true. A few years ago, spring had come in early and by the time the last week of April rolled around, we were getting into the 60s and 70s every day and it hadn’t snowed since early March. The 7 day forecast going ahead showed no signs of freezes or snows. They forecast some rain showers one night… and I woke up to 2 inches of fresh snow right at the end of April. The snow was melted by 9 am, but it still made my day.

3. rickymadialessi says:

i got heavy snow last night that accumulated to around 8pm

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »