Huge ice and snowstorm Central and Eastern US, another pounding coming for the Colorado Rockies.

Posted By: sapporo1  Posted On: Dec 6th, 2013  Filed Under: Weather

As an epic ice and snowstorm pounds areas from Oklahoma all the way to Pennsylvania, it is wreaking all kinds of havoc, as much as 10 inches of snow forecasted for parts of southern Missouri and Illinois before moving into the eastern areas.
Meanwhile, a new storm moving onto the west coast threatens to bring up to a foot or more of new snow to us in the snowy Colorado Rockies, if this storm meets full potential, we will have around 3 feet of snow on the ground by this time Monday, not a bad start to the season.

1. ShawnM says:

I hope the next storm which The Weather Channel is calling it Dion or some similar spelling, moves somewhat more north than this current storm so the heavy snow also affects my area of the state. I don’t know why it won’t snow here maybe because the dew points and humidity are so low, I am hoping the dew points and humidity are high so that my portion of the state of Missouri receives snow accumulation from Dion. I also hope Dion reaches it’s full potential! As I myself am looking forward to my first potent snowstorm!

Sometime yesterday when there was either freezing rain or sleet in Southern Missouri there was a lightning flash or bolt in that freezing precipitation.

You must be signed in to join the discussion. Sign in »