Farmers Almanac Weather

Waning Crescent

Our Winter Forecast: The Nitty Gritty

Our Winter Forecast: The Nitty Gritty

Northwest U.S.
Includes Washington, Oregon, Idaho

Fair weather becomes unsettled in the early days of the month, improving in time for the Christmas holiday. Showers along the coast will close out 2013.

The New Year will bring clouds with a few showers, and rainy, cloud-filled skies will dominate for the next two months, bringing only occasional short-lived periods of snow. Look for a significant storm along the pacific Coast in early March, followed by another a week later. Conditions should turn fairer, but chilly, in time for the spring equinox.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1 Polly t { 03.02.14 at 9:36 pm }

How is march going to be.. in oak hill Ohio????

2 linda t { 02.23.14 at 2:03 pm }

is there going to be a big snow in northeast tennessee preferably kingsport the end of february heard that was a almanac prediction

3 sjivoin { 02.14.14 at 9:00 am }

I hear Ohio will be getting a blizzard at the end of Feb. Is this true??

4 Clinton brown { 02.03.14 at 5:09 am }

What about kill devil hills nc .just got a rare snow storm about 6to8 inches is their any more heading this way thanks

5 cindy { 02.02.14 at 8:55 am }

What does Feb 112014 look like for the weather

6 BlessMamalina { 01.18.14 at 2:04 pm }

What are the weather in Gaston,Sc is looking like for the next few months

7 Jeanie { 12.30.13 at 7:54 am }

This is not the first time the Super Bowl will be held in a cold weather location. Check your facts, please.

8 alj3 { 12.04.13 at 6:42 am }

California, Nebraska & Montana are interesting places, but as I said I live and sail on the Gulf Coast, so that’s the weather picture I’m most interested in.

9 alj3 { 12.04.13 at 6:40 am }

I’m interested in gulf coast weather since that’s where I live and sail.

10 Stephen { 11.29.13 at 8:58 am }

Looks like the kind of winter I remember from my childhood. Tall drifts of the farm equipment shed and the back of Grandma’s house. Grandsons are coming in December!
Lots of fun in the snow in Red Lodge, Montana. The Red Lodge Mountain is open!
Christmas with my wife, my daughter, son-in-law and the grandmen! Doesn’t get ANY BETTER than that! I thank God everyday I’ve lived to see this!!

11 Pam { 11.27.13 at 2:13 pm }

Hi, are things going to change for central California? It seems that the jet stream is pushing everything over California or it just misses all together…. Any input would be appreciated… Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving..

12 Chad D. { 11.27.13 at 11:07 am }

I live in Nebraska. Your forecast shows that we should be seeing snow and terrible weather right before Thanksgiving. Nothing could be further from that. It is dry and sunny and is supposed to remain so for the next 5-7 days. I was hoping your forecast was going to ring true. Alas, it is not.

13 HAROLD GORDON { 11.27.13 at 9:41 am }

WHAT’S THE WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR ELIZABETHTOWN / BOWLING GREEN KY AREAS THIS WINTER ?