Today is Earth Day — a day dedicated to the Earth, a day that is meant to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth’s environment. What are you doing in honor of Earth Day?
There are tons of ways that you can make a difference this Earth Day and every day. We’ve shared many tips here, and in the print edition of the Farmers’ Almanac. But in honor of this holiday today, I just wanted to remind everyone that even baby steps can help our Earth and our atmosphere.
While changing our habits long-range is always a goal, each goal starts with a small step, perhaps a baby step. Why not take a step to a better world by making a small step today that may lead into a giant step in the future.
Here are a few suggestions on ways to take that first “baby step”:
- Turn off your computers tonight when you’re done with them.
- Unplug the chargers for your cell phones, Ipods, and other.
- Don’t throw those coffee grinds in the garbage. Start a compost. You may be amazed at how much kitchen scrap can go into the compost rather than the dumpster.
- Pick up garbage around your house or on your road. (Wear gloves please!)
- Hang your clothes up outside to dry rather than running the dryer.
There are tons of other ways you can start stepping towards a greener future. What baby steps are you taking to help reduce, reuse, and revive our wonderful planet?
Share your steps here.