5. Ice cream. I’m not a huge ice cream fan, but there’s something special about going to the local ice cream joint in the summer to indulge in a soft serve cone, preferably with sprinkles. (My favorite is vanilla with rainbow sprinkles — what’s yours?)
4. Swimming. Sure you can swim inside year-round, but nothing beats a nice dip in the lake, pool or ocean on a hot summer day. It’s good exercise too!
3. Fresh produce. Good bye cucumbers that taste like cardboard and tomatoes that just add red to a salad. I can’t wait for homegrown produce, especially that Jersey corn in August.
2. No school schedules. For many of us with kids, the summer is a tad bit slower with no athletic or school schedules/paperwork to submit. Of course no school also means finding things for kids to do, but enjoy a little down time if you can.
1. Vacation. Yes summer is vacation time. Whether you stay close to the house, head out to the mountains or beach, I hope you find some time to enjoy the great outdoors and some time off from work and responsibilities this summer.
What do you look forward to as summer approaches?