We often ask our fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter what their favorite season is. By far, the most popular answer is always autumn. Whether it’s the brightly colored foliage, the retreat of the oppressive summer heat, the smell of wood fires in the air, the return of football, the start of hunting season, or the promise of the holidays, fall is clearly a magical time for many of our readers.
Here’s a guide to everything you need to know to enjoy the coming season:
- Want to know what the weather will be like in your area? Get our fall forecast!
- Want to know when to look for fabulous foliage in your favorite peeping spot? Check out our peak foliage guide!
- Ever wonder why the leaves change? Here’s an explanation.
- If that explanation doesn’t satisfy, here’s a native American myth about why the leaves change color. And here’s another fun fall-related myth.
- Do you love fall, but you’re not sure your skin does? Check out our helpful guide to transitioning your skin to cooler weather.
- Of course, the cooler weather makes it a little harder to go outside and stay in shape. Here’s some advice on keeping your fitness regimen on track, plus a look at how everyday fall activities can keep you healthy, and a list of out top ten outdoor activities for autumn.
- And if all of that exercise makes you hungry, here are some recipes that are perfect for autumn:
- Favorite Fall Recipes
- Everything Apple for Fall
- Fall Fruit Butters
- Warm Up with Hearty Soups for Fall
- Pumpkins … Yum!