1. 80-85% accurate is what followers claim the Almanac’s forecasts are.
2. 197 years old — the Farmers’ Almanac’s been printed every year since 1818.
3. “Caleb Weatherbee” real person, not real name, is the only person who knows the exact weather predicting formula the Almanac uses.
4. Farmers’ Almanac editors are “Philoms” a title Ben Franklin used when he edited his almanac. It’s an abbreviation for the Greek world “Philomath” meaning “Lover of learning.”
5. Farmers’ Almanac has steered clear of politics since the early 1800s when the Almanac said Congress spent too much money and talked too much, and it has not found it necessary to make an utterance since.