In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, here are 10 of his quotes we wanted to share:
1. Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
2. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
3. If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
4. That old law about ‘an eye for an eye’ leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.
5. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
6. The time is always right to do what is right.
7. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
8. Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is an attitude.
9. Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
10. Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education.