Celebrate Love With Chocolate!
This delicious chocolate dessert is perfect to share with your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day!
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces Ghirardelli or other brand 70% cacao extra bittersweet chocolate baking bar, broken or chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces Ghirardelli or other milk chocolate baking bar, broken or chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture just simmers.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bittersweet and milk chocolates and chocolate liqueur until completely melted and smooth.
- Serve over a heat source that will keep the fondue warm, but not hot. This could be a crockpot-type pot or a traditional fondue pot.
For dippers: Try fresh fruit (strawberries, bananas, pears, kiwi), and cubed pieces of Angel Food cake.