Summer means juicy fresh peaches, so why not make a peach pie? This recipe is easy to assemble and uses no top crust for an “open-faced” dessert. It will be a huge hit at your next cookout or family gathering!
Easy Summer Peach Pie
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Arrange peaches in the pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt; stir in cream until smooth. Pour over peaches.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 45-50 minutes or until filling is just set. (Cover the crust edges with aluminum foil to avoid burning.)
- Top with sliced almonds if desired. Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream. Refrigerate any leftovers. Makes 6-8 servings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!