Top 6 Feel-Good Gifts For Mom
This Mother’s Day give Mom a gift she’ll enjoy and feel good about. Here are a few suggestions:
- Go Green – really! Give mom a plant for Mother’s day, and plant it for her. If you pick a bush or perennial it will remind her of your thoughtfulness for years to come. Our favorites include: Azalea Bush, Bleeding Heart, Hydrangea, Miniature Roses
- Buy Fair Trade. Did you know that you can make a wise choice this Mother’s Day and other days by purchasing gifts with a Fair Trade label? Fair Trade means that that strict economic, social and environmental criteria were met in the production and trade of an agricultural product. Fair Trade Certification is currently available in the U.S. for coffee, tea and herbs, cocoa and chocolate, fresh fruit, flowers, sugar, rice, and vanilla. All of which would make great gifts for Mom.
- Give her the gift of time. Allow mom to engage in a hobby or activity that she really enjoys without interruption. (This is especially good for Moms with young children.) For moms with grown children, the gift of time might mean take the time to stop by and visit with her in person. Take her lunch or just drop in and share a cup of tea with her.
- Homemade gifts, especially from the kids are always appreciated.
- Plant a garden for her, maybe a themed one. Flowers or herbs.
- Make her breakfast in bed! Sometimes the simple gifts are the best.