Being busy is no excuse to skip breakfast or to just eat donuts. The benefits of eating a healthy breakfast include a higher level of energy and concentration through out the day as well as weight loss, as it can help you avoid overeating. For the amount of time it takes to grab a quick bite before you run out the door, why wouldn’t you have breakfast? Here are just a few ideas to make breakfast fast, healthful, and easy:
1) Yogurt with cereal or granola and berries. Choose whole grain cereals, low in sugar, and put it in yogurt instead of milk, so the cereal won’t get soggy. You can put it all into a resealable container and take it with you.
2) Fruit slices with cheese and walnuts are delicious, and the cheese and nuts are a good source of protein. Slice up some apples and cheddar cheese and throw them into a baggy the night before. Add in a handful of walnuts in the morning, and you are good to go.
3) Spread peanut butter on a bagel, toast, or English muffin, sprinkle on raisins or add banana slices. You can eat it on your way or wrap it in foil to save for later.
4) Cottage cheese with fruit or jam stirred into it is quick and healthy–again, resealable containers are key. If you don’t have Tupperware, rinse and recycle jars or plastic containers that yogurt or cream cheese come in.
5) Hard boiled eggs are protein-filled, filling, and transportable. You can eat them plain or slice them up and put them on a breakfast sandwich or in a salad. They do require a little planning, though–boil a batch on Sunday night, and you’ll have them all week!