Legend has it that George Washington had teeth made out of wood. While some studies have debunked this myth, it is accepted that he had some type of false teeth. No one will argue that great strides have been made in the dental industry since the days of George Washington, but there are some easy, natural ways to protect your pearly whites.
Natural Dental Tips:
- Apples: Munching on a raw apple an hour after a meal cleans the teeth and helps heal the gums.
- Cheese: Eating cheese stimulates the salivary glands to clean the mouth.
- Figs: These fruits help strengthen your teeth. Eat 4 figs at one time, once a day. Chew well and slowly.
- Strawberries: These are wonderful tooth whiteners. Rub the juice on the teeth and leave for five minutes. Strawberry juice also helps work on tartar and plaque control.
- Coriander: This spice has antibacterial properties. Brew a tea and use as a mouth rinse after meals.
- Sage: Add 2 teaspoons of sage to 2 cups water, and then boil. Cool for 15 minutes, then swish in your mouth for several minutes, then rinse. Sage has an antibacterial property that may reduce decay.
Regular dental visits, of course, are essential to maintaining healthy teeth and gums but natural remedies are catching a lot of attention due to the very nature of cure: they are simple, have no side effects, no chemicals, and are inexpensive.