1. Cool your pulse points by running cold water or ice cubes over your wrists for a few minutes.
2. Place a cold cloth on the back of your neck and leave it there for at least 5 minutes.
3. Eat small amounts of food rather than a big meal. It will help keep you cooler.
4. Cool off your bed at night by filling a standard hot water bottle with cold water. Use it to cool your ankles and the back of your knees.
5. Don’t turn on the oven! Cook in the microwave, crock pot, or serve something cold.
6. Use overhead (ceiling) fans if you have them. For floor fans, place a bowl of ice or a frozen water jug behind the fan. The air will be cool. You may also want to place a fan on the hot side of a room and have the air blow out, basically allowing the fan to pull the heated air out of the room.