1. Drink Water. Sometimes you aren’t hungry, but thirsty. Try drinking a few tall glasses of water before you reach for a snack. You may realize you’re not hungry anymore.
2. De-Stress. Stress often causes people to eat. Next time you feel stressed, try a few deep breathing exercises or go out for a quick walk instead of eating junk food.
3. Fat-Burning Foods. If you have to snack, choose wisely. Many experts recommend the following fat-burning foods for snacks: pears, grapefruit, and navy beans.
4. Eat ONLY When You’re Hungry. This one is tough, but if you can stick to it for at least one day, you may realize that your snacking is really a habit and not a need.
5. Try Listening to Music. Some studies suggest that music activates the same pleasure center of your brain that food does. Listen to an upbeat song and you may forget that you’re hungry.